When the topic is cybersecurity, the news isn’t always good.
In the best of situations, those who choose to do harm try. In the worst of situations, they accomplish what they set out to do.
As a NetCare™ Operate customer, your vulnerability to cybercrime is greatly diminished. Still, at our 2017 Fall Technology Briefing, Bill Wade shared some pertinent and timely information on the state of cybersecurity. There was good news, and not-so-good news.
Bill broke it into two broad categories:
- Overall awareness of cybersecurity is higher than ever.
- More coverage in general media.
- Companies more focused and accountable for cybersecurity.
- Cybersecurity mindset is becoming culturally embedded.
But, there is the not-so-good:
- Media coverage tends toward the sensational and simplistic.
- More use of wireless and mobile devices than ever creates vulnerability points.
- Well established, large corporations are very (and perhaps, the most) vulnerable.
- State sponsored cyber-espionage is pervasive and growing.
Bill walked us through a complete look at the most recent cybersecurity situations that created headlines. All of these have been covered by previous posts on our blog:
At Carolinas NetCare, our goal is to be out front of all data security issues, proactively protecting you from what is ahead. If you are part of our Full Lifecycle Services, you are as protected as anyone can be. If not, why not shoot us an email by clicking here and let’s talk.